How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

So I guess I just got a weird group of EE because now 3 of the 4 first year girls are molting, is not a true molt at least not yet but one is showing he neck another has dropped her tail feathers and a third just looks sorry of ratty.

2 eggs today, can't wait till spring

Nasty weekend!! ZERO EGGS yesterday and 3 today (2 are from quarantined girls, one being a brand new layer today!!) Yesterday was awful, we threw every girl out (minus the 5 in Isolation and quarantine) and did their coop lights and heat lamp. Heat won't go on till ten degree or below. Light is on a timer. Fxing this sure helps them. Got it worked today perfectly (turned on before they were on perches and it turned off right when they were getting on them--4 till 630pm)
It's snowing/ sleeping now

16 eggs today
We moved the brooder out of the coop (MY HUGE mistake to want it in there in the first place)
Hindsight is 20/20.
th.gif

Now it's on a cement floor in a shop where it can be moved around.

Two Silkie hens were setting on 19 eggs...lol. They're all confused...I don't think they'll set on the eggs now.
And 15 eggs appear to have been dragged under the brooder by the rat who had a hole under it.
sickbyc.gif

The rat didn't eat the eggs. They were strewn along the tunnel he had underneath.
I knew there was a rat. I couldn't get to him. The eggs he had taken from the floor was a surprise...lol.
I crushed his hole and filled it in. We hauled the all the gross stuff out; dirt, feathers and eggs.
I filled that and covered it with shavings and put new roosts over it.
We freeze solid in a couple of days, he won't be back.
wink.png

I do regret not taking a pic of the rat tunnels/hole underneath. But we were in a rush to get all the things done and I didn't think the guys wanted to wait for pictures...lol.

Last edited:
We have 3 Rhode Island Red hens & 5 white leghorn hens. We are getting 4 brown eggs,2 white eggs and 1 khaki colored egg most days. I am guessing the leghorns are mixed breed.

Yesterday - 6 or 7 (I think it was 6) Today - 13 eggs Adding a pic of the eggs I took before I fed them today. I see a couple eggs I don't recognize...must be new layers. :love I don't know who made the large pinky colored ones or the tiny, poopy blue egg top right. (It was from the floor but I was changing this nest box) I get a kick trying to find out who laid the mystery eggs! :woot
Those eggs are stunning what breeds do you have?

Back
Top Bottom