How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

7 so far and there is at least one more that is laying and she hasn't laid yet today. The other 4 don't look ready yet as their combs are still pale.

After a very dry and egg empty winter, the girls are starting up really fast now. From just 1 egg to 7 in a day in just 1 1/2 weeks.

8 hens 6 eggs and I dropped one carrying them into the house. The dog ate what I dropped so i guess it did not go to waste
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

16 eggs wow your ladys are doing great over there karenerwin, are you having some spring weather ?

Sunday

Chicken eggs 10

Goose eggs 1, and none of the geese have taken the time to sit on the eggs as of yet .
fl.gif

Temp high winds all day but my yard is clean now so I shouldn't complain about that but the winds were crossing over the mountains that still have snow on top so it was rather chilly, low 70's and all the animals seem to be drinking more water with all the wind blowing . And no I did not get any work accomplished today .
Yes, Gander we have been having some days of Spring like weather, followed by mild winter temps. Today was in the 70's. Currently, just about the whole state is under a tornado watch. Weatherman said we may have snow this weekend. The weather has been plumb crazy.

15 eggs yesterday
25 eggs today

We're in the middle of a blizzard, zero visibility and it's snowing. Gathered the last 8 eggs tonight, slipped and fell on my butt (and hip) on the snow covered ice, and lost my eight eggs.
hit.gif

I even bent my basket.
barnie.gif
somad.gif
Doggonit!

12/14. Got my first dozen eggs!
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f600.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png
. Sold 6 dozen in a week. Helps pay for their upkeep...and keeps hubby settled about having too many chickens! LOL
Now if I could keep our pet ducks out of our cool weather garden!!! The female hasnt laid in a couple months due to molt, so they are costing us all the way around. Hubby needs to consider we have 2 too many ducks instead!

Back
Top Bottom