How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

6 yesterday. 1 had a couple of punctures. For some reason 1 or more of the hens has decided they need to bury the eggs in the shavings. This started a week or so back, haven't seen it before that and I've had girls laying since fall of 2012. No new layers since last fall and I THINK the one that started it isa 2015 girl. So why now??

6 yesterday. 1 had a couple of punctures. For some reason 1 or more of the hens has decided they need to bury the eggs in the shavings. This started a week or so back, haven't seen it before that and I've had girls laying since fall of 2012. No new layers since last fall and I THINK the one that started it isa 2015 girl. So why now??

Could be trying to protect eggs from heat, some of my hens does it too during winter.

6 main coop and 3 from Silky girls coop Happy 4th all happy4th-hat.gif

I had a lot of issues the past month with the chickens. In the past week things have settled down and egg laying has become great.

Out of 19 layers- of which 3 are brand new at it - I’ve gotten 3 days of 12, 1 day of 11 then....

18 eggs, 17 eggs, 16 eggs, and 16 again today. I’m thrilled! Did lose about an egg a day to thin shells. But the past 2 days I’ve given calcium boosts and today all eggs were good.

Do you offer oyster shell @jlwquilter free choice buy 50lb at a time cheap little bags very expensive.
I have a metal bucket laying on it's side spilling out of it fill it with a bigger bucket I keep in the coop to add keep the rest in our barn in a 20 gallon garbage can

Back
Top Bottom