How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

10 eggs! I have 13 pullets, I don't expect my scissor beak to produce any time soon, if ever...so I still have a couple of freeloaders, or maybe some that aren't laying daily.

Attachments

• 10262021 eggs.jpg
    10262021 eggs.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 0
10 eggs! I have 13 pullets, I don't expect my scissor beak to produce any time soon, if ever...so I still have a couple of freeloaders, or maybe some that aren't laying daily.
Looks like my egg basket except for the white ones. My wife has “encouraged” me to get a couple white egg layers. Not a lot of Leghorns for sale around here though. What other breeds lay white eggs?

Looks like my egg basket except for the white ones. My wife has “encouraged” me to get a couple white egg layers. Not a lot of Leghorns for sale around here though. What other breeds lay white eggs?
I have 2 BBS Ameraucanas (laying blue/very close to green), 3 EE (my scissor, one that lays a brown egg, and one that lays green), 2 Leghorns, 1 RIR, 1 Golden Buff, 1 white cochin, 1 GLW, and 1 BCM.

I ordered 3EE, 1GLW, 1Delaware (turned out to be a roo and rehomed him), 5 "Production" mix (whatever was available), and 5 "rare breed" mix chicks, lol. My BCM laid a very heavy bloom on her egg today, usually it looks a lot darker. I only get whites from the leghorns...but Austra Whites, and I think Frost whites also lay white? There's a bunch when I went looking on Meyer Hatchery...not super found of having all white chickens, they get dirty FAST, lol. I have 3 all white gals, plus a white Staffordshire....he's brown most of the summer, it's an uphill battle to keep him out of the dirt!

I have a few Anconas and a Lakenvelder who lay white eggs almost as big as my Leghorns. And my Minorcas are pretty decent white layers too. :)

Back
Top Bottom