How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

11 today. Started well, then...

In better news, I found no eggs in the raised planter (they dug all the dirt out), inside the barn (they use the cat door some days), or under the favorite blackberry bramble. So there's got to be a new hidden nest location. Also, they've stopped using the nest under the goat shelf.

My "2 out of 3 days" hen is sitting on the nest right now. She hasn't laid in two days.

I'm seriously considering stopping at TSC when I go into town and getting a small bag of Dumor starter, and feeding that for a week. If they all of a sudden start laying, I'll switch back to Kalmbach 20% Flock Maker and see if they stop.

The other possible factor is the weather. I sure wish I could control that. (I'd be incredibly wealthy, but that's beside the point.) We had unseasonably warm weather in January, but it was also unseasonably gloomy. This past weekend, it suddenly got very cold (single digits at night for a couple nights), but it's clear and sunny (which is why it got cold).

There is more very cold air coming for the next couple of nights, and then next week, we get a warming trend and it melts Hubby's precious snow.

1 today. Here is a close up of it. Looks uniform colour to the naked eye but hat the microscope out earlier so took a look.

Attachments

• WIN_20230202_15_54_59_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230202_15_54_59_Pro.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom