How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

0/21 today... WAY too hot here today!!! I don't blame the girls for not wanting to lay. Oh, and one of the 3 who are actually laying has a small prolapse and is in seclusion till it heals. Thankfully it's small and we caught it early. I can't imagine trying to lay an egg with any size prolapse (OUCH)

25 Yesterday from our 30 GC's!!! And it was miserably hot here in central NC. It's supposed to be near 100F today. I set a mister up in the run for the Gals and at first they didn't want anything to do with it but before long they were ignoring it and scratching the ground right under it for bugs and worms that were being forced out by the soil getting damp. I think it must have dropped the temp inside the run from neaer 100F down to under 90F after a few minutes.

Four again today! Still not sure who is laying...will have to sit in the run with them.

One of my BO's was in and out of the largest nest box today...not sure she is ready or what. Her comb is not very red and she has not done the squat yet.

My husband watched them long enough today to figure out what colors our black stars lay. Stella was laying the lightest eggs of all, and Charlotte the pretty peach colored ones. That brought us to 6/12 as of 1 p.m. but we have some late layers.

Back
Top Bottom