How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

6 eggs today all white and poopy lol 😂 how do you all clean your eggs? I’ve been using an egg washing bucket cleaning thing last couple of times. It has a pump which creates bubbles but they have to sit in there for like an hour and a half to get mostly clean then I finish up. The water has bleach powder stuff in it.

6 eggs today all white and poopy lol 😂 how do you all clean your eggs? I’ve been using an egg washing bucket cleaning thing last couple of times. It has a pump which creates bubbles but they have to sit in there for like an hour and a half to get mostly clean then I finish up. The water has bleach powder stuff in it.
I use lukewarm water and a sponge, then place the eggs into a wire-basket and rinse them with some hot water before letting them sit on a towel to air-dry. Not using any detergents!

Eight absolutely disgusting dirty eggs today. Thanks' to the snowmelt the duck-yard is now a mud-flat and the ducks trashed the whole duck-house. Loamy straw… :sick
Just cleaned it out two weekends ago and it looks like cr@p again. :mad:

So submerging eggs in water like that is considered a no no by our department of agriculture. Apparently bacteria can get in the porous shells if they are submerged. https://agr.wa.gov/getmedia/b1f20c01-277b-46bb-b87a-e02f52a92aaa/26.pdf
I just just wipe and dry mine when poopy.

I am still getting 4 out of 5 duck eggs. My older one isn’t laying but the other 4 are.

The duck I gave to my mom with her baby, never started laying again after being broody and the move. She is the same age as my gals that are laying so I think it’s interesting how stressors can impact laying.

Back
Top Bottom