How many eggs is unhealthy?

There is no set number, a lot depends on how your body processes. I eat probably on average 4 eggs a day, and had my colesteral checked, and my numbers were real good, you may eat 1 a week, and your colesteral may go through the roof. Have you had yours checked and have reason to worry??
idunno.gif

I don't think you have to worry about cholesteral from eggs. You haven't heard about how bad they are for you in a while, because they reevaluated the procedure to measure cholesteral from eggs. When they first did the studies they isolated cholesteral and measured it's effect on the body that way. Since then they have found that there is another element in eggs that actually prevents the cholesteral from building up in the body. I would definitely have your cholesteral checked, but if it's okay you should be fine. BTW, the body produces cholesteral naturally, so a lot a people who have cholesteral problems have bodies that don't properly regulate the amount of cholesteral that is produced. The drugs that people take actually prevent the body from producing too much. The drugs don't eliminate cholesteral from your system as some people think they do.
Enjoy your eggs!
smile.png

Quote:
I let mine know how many I ate, when she got the numbers back she said that they were fine, but I should cut down on the amount of soda I drink, because my sugar levels were higher than she liked to see. So I went home fixed a egg sandwich and started drinking diet soda.
thumbsup.gif

My husband can EASILY eat 6 in one sitting. He doesn't all the time, but can and does eat a LOT of cholesterol laden foods. Just had it checked and he is well within healthy range (as well as being a healthy weight and quite fit). It all depends on your body.

I eat a lot, too~~when they are laying well. But my cholesterol is good.

I heard someone (I think it was here on BYC) say that his grandmother ate an egg every day of her life and it finally killed her....at 97!

I suppose it does depend upon your own body's ability to process a larger number of eggs.

Last edited:
Quote:
What that one up there said. Eggs have been proven to be more of a whole food than an enemy ie cholesterol. They know now that most people of a certain age that have high cholesterol it's process more from the body than foods you eat. that is good news for egg lovers. My doctor told me that eggs are fine and I have VERY high triglycerides.

Back
Top Bottom