How many eggs is unhealthy?

Quote:
I guess you are talking to me. No, I did not read the entire four pages of this thread. I skimmed through the first two pages. I got the idea of what the thread was about. Although I will take into consideration other people’s informative posts, I do not make health decisions based on posts on an internet forum.

Last edited:
Sure you do. You decided based on a few post in a very long thread. But hey..whatever works for you.

Last edited:
The healthiness of the egg also depends on what you feed them. Pastured eggs (where chickens are eating greens, grasses, seeds, bugs, etc.) have less cholesterol and more Omega-3s than typical factory-farmed chickens raised indoor in cages.

Here's one study on it:
The results from Mother Earth News’ latest round of pastured egg nutrient tests are beginning to come in. We’ve invested a lot of time and energy over the last few years in researching the differences between the meat and eggs coming out of the commercial industry and those produced by conscientious farmers who let their animals graze on fresh pastures. In the past, we’ve found that eggs from hens raised on pasture, as compared to those commercially raised factory farm eggs, contain:

• 1⁄3 less cholesterol
• 1⁄4 less saturated fat
• 2⁄3 more vitamin A
• 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
• 3 times more vitamin E
• 7 times more beta carotene

Now we’re looking at vitamin D, which many of us do not get enough of because we don’t spend any time outdoors, and even when we do we use sunscreen that blocks vitamin D production. (More about that here.) Eggs are one of the few food sources of naturally occurring vitamin D, and we wondered if true free-range eggs might be higher in this important vitamin, too. Our latest tests show that pastured eggs have anywhere between 4 to 6 times as much vitamin D as typical supermarket eggs.

Do you raise chickens for eggs or meat? If you want to participate in one of our studies, please e-mail [email protected].

Last edited:
The vitamin d level higher in free range eggs makes total sense. Battery hens never even see daylight.

Vitamin D deficiency is one of the greatest health risks facing people today yet one of the easiest, cheapest things to fix. I started supplementing last winter. Last summer was the first time in 20 years I did not burst in to flames after being in the sun for more than 10 minutes. Once you have a proper blood level of vitamin d, your skin doesn't let every single ray of sunshine through in an attempt to reload the d levels. I actually got a little bit of a tan and don't look like casper the friendly ghost's sister anymore.

Quote:
Trust me...I made my decision to cut back on egg consumption before I ever saw this thread. I only posted in this thread to share my decision. I have a medical background so I can make my own health care choices without the help of someone on the internet. Sorry your information you posted in this thread was not a life changing experience for me. My suggestion to you...get a life.

Got one...thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom