How many eggs should I expect a week?

Don't be surprised to find the first few eggs in the wrong spot. Some birds have no issue finding/using the nest, others don't seem to notice it's there even when it's right in their faces.
Ok good to know! I'll probably find the first egg under the ladder that goes out to the run. That's where all my chickens lay on hot days or when their bored

She may already be laying.
Do you free range?
Free range birds sometimes need to be 'trained'(or re-trained) to lay in the coop nests, especially new layers. Leaving them locked in the coop/run for a week or so can help 'home' them to lay in the coop nests. Fake eggs/golf balls in the nests can help 'show' them were to lay. They can be confined to coop and maybe run 24/7 for a few days to a week, provided you have adequate space and ventilation, or confine them at least until mid to late afternoon. You help them create a new habit and they will usually stick with it. ..at least for a good while, then repeat as necessary.

She may already be laying.
Do you free range?
Free range birds sometimes need to be 'trained'(or re-trained) to lay in the coop nests, especially new layers. Leaving them locked in the coop/run for a week or so can help 'home' them to lay in the coop nests. Fake eggs/golf balls in the nests can help 'show' them were to lay. They can be confined to coop and maybe run 24/7 for a few days to a week, provided you have adequate space and ventilation, or confine them at least until mid to late afternoon. You help them create a new habit and they will usually stick with it. ..at least for a good while, then repeat as necessary.
No they are confined to the coop. (Besides the times when I let them out)
I have 2 fake eggs and I put them In the nesting boxes.

Back
Top Bottom