how many fertile eggs?

chickensgalore

Songster
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
hillsdale,michigan
if you put a rooster in with a hen for 7 days how many fertile eggs will u get?since there is already several developed eggs in a hen thats already laying,when do they start being fertile

The hens will continue to lay fertile eggs for 2 or 3 weeks after removing the rooster. Some studies indicate that in some instances eggs remain fertile up till 4 weeks after removal of the rooster. % of fertile eggs decreases the longer the rooster has been gone.

The hens will continue to lay fertile eggs for 2 or 3 weeks after removing the rooster. Some studies indicate that in some instances eggs remain fertile up till 4 weeks after removal of the rooster. % of fertile eggs decreases the longer the rooster has been gone.

If I am only looking at one hen here (rooster removed)... once her eggs are not longer fertile-- is that it? Meaning-- does she lay her last fertile egg and then that's it - sperm all gone or all used up. Or could she lay an egg that is not fertile one day and then the next day lay one that is fertile?? I'm not understanding what you may mean by decreased fertility... maybe you are referring to the whole flock-- but once it's gone isn't it gone? Do you know what I'm asking? Is her fertility hit or miss or is it all gone all at once?

Back
Top Bottom