How many generation would it take to breed out rumplesness from Araucana?

Im learning about genetics online so If I can't find any information or don't really understand I ask here.
But why would you want to breed out the two defining traits that make an araucana an araucana? Or were you more just learning the nature of the traits and that was the only breed you could find as an example with them?

But why would you want to breed out the two defining traits that make an araucana an araucana? Or were you more just learning the nature of the traits and that was the only breed you could find as an example with them?
No, I don't want to breed out, I don't have any araucanas but here where I live, we only have them, not ameraucanas. Im just learning more and more about the chickens so that I can know alot in any aspect of chickens.

the American standard are rumpless. Elsewhere, here for example, standard Araucanas do have tails (and no ear tufts)

It only takes two generations since rumpless is a dominant gene.
I would have accepted this but I had a rumpless bird show up when I started making crosses with blue egg laying Brown Leghorns. Neither Silver Laced Wyandottes nor the Brown Leghorns exhibited rumpless. Yet one single hen laying white eggs was rumpless.

Back
Top Bottom