How many here are actual backyarders vs. Farmers?

I was undecided until I read the definition above.
I'm on almost 2 acres, outside the city limits with chickens, mini goats & 1 dairy goat, 2 zebu that will be bred when they are older. I plant some of my own crops. I sell some of my eggs.
I AM A FARMER!

I am a farmer, I raise horses and grow hay. I have a raised bed vegetable garden where I practice the "French Intensive" method and grow all my own herbs, too. I raise chickens and ducks because I love them! I have met so many new chicken owners lately, they are all wonderful people and so very interesting..... I sell chicks to new chicken parents all the time, I love to meet new people and share the love of chickens to new owners!
I sale my eggs to the local Farmers Market and some regular buyers who can't eat "store bought" eggs anymore.

In Brooklet GA
Suzanne

Last edited:
I'm a back yarder with a big back yard!!! >no i'm not talking about the back yard I sit on either<
tongue.png

Sigh. Backyarder here on 19 acres, TRYING to become a farmer!!! Just got my first chicks, and would LOVE to maybe get some mini horses and goats. However, I think hubby would like to build our house (living in an old teensy tiny house on the property) before he builds ANOTHER building to house more critters
lol.png
He built an awesome kennel for my pooches, and now is building my chicken coop. I guess I'll have to live with that for a while! I'm already trying to get him to build a bigger coop that I immediately need, "just in case" I decide to add a few more chickens
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom