How many of you have your chicks in your house?

My chicks were in the house until i came home to them free ranging all over the house. They are outside now and doing great! No problems... Of course i built them a super sweet coop of there own!

That's what spare bedrooms are for! There is no way I could keep them outside. It's too cold. They need to be warm until they get their adult feathers. Tell your mom to chill. It's only temporary.

Yes, I have had 2-3 brooders going in my house until yesterday. I had 4 Turkeys in addition to many chicks. The turkeys were super-sweet, but they were growing and I made the executive decision that "it was time" yesterday. So, now I "only" have one brooder in the house, with 15 chicks in it. I do have to clean out my brooders several times a week because boy, do they get stinky!

I keep the brooders inside because baby chicks can be very fragile, and I'd sure like to keep my eye on them.

I have 6 bantam chicks, 4 ducks, and 11 standard chicks in my house. Until next week when my other 3 ducklings come. Then the first week of May, I am expecting 4 more bantams and 6 more standard chicks!! I have a full house!!
barnie.gif

I have mine inside,down in the basement till it warms up.Then they are outside into the coup.First I need to build a run[lots of bad guys out here] then a coop!!! Kevin this is a blast.Should have done this years ago!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I always keep mine in the laundry room in the basement, it's actually the warmest room in the house...has the furnace and when the dryer is going, it gets nice and warm. I usually move them outside to thier own seperate coop about 4 weeks old...they always do very well.

This morning I overheard my husband tell his brother I had become a crazy chicken lady .... treating all 17 chicks like my babies. Well .... yeah .... duh .... I assured him I was not alone :)

15 chicks 5 are 2 weeks old and 10 are 3 weeks old in the house. 1 bantam rooster just moved outside a few weeks ago. I do miss that crowing at 5 am.

Back
Top Bottom