How many of you really think it is possible??

I think it is coming. My family and friends are all working on becoming self sufficient and stockpiling food stuffs and ammo.

Nope.. not gonna happen.
The govt will step in and handle any wacko civil war stuff with our armed forces.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I got to talking to some people yesterday and got to wondering.

BYC is a wide spectrum of people so let me ask: How many of you really think that major civil unrest/societal destabilization is likely in the next five years?

I guess I'd have to know what exactly that would look like. ? My idea of what that is may be totally different than yours.​

Well, here you go... for those of you who don't have the time to DIY your food supply..

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

$999.99 gets you a one year supply of food!
lau.gif

This is too funny. We just had a friend inform us that he is recruiting is for his " apocalypse team". He wants handy people around him. So I asked, whats your skill. His reply is," finding handy people." lol This guy is serious too. He has a list of skill sets he is trying to fulfill.

On the serious note I think its very possible. I'm not worried about it thought. We have always been the be prepared type and honestly self sufficiency is not a huge stretch for us. We live pretty simple.

*raises hand* So many different issues are making people unhappy right now... it's like putting saltpeter, napalm and dynamite in a kettle... and over it is hanging that one drop of nitroglycerin... doesn't take much of a shake for that drop to fall...

Quote:
I know that we can only afford enough food for a week at a time. You must be pretty well off to have 2 years worth of food lying around!!!!

I have the same! Not because I think the end of the world is coming but because I really like to be prepared (I've been really incredibly poor before). It's not difficult as it sounds - mostly buying a lot of bulk whole grains and jarring a lot and switching out the older stuff for newer stuff. I have a box of fifty kilos of wheat berries I grind my flour from (because wheat berries keep a lot longer than flour) and I keep jars and jars of premade food (key is to jar food you EAT and to eat the stuff you've made previously and replace it with stuff you JUST made) handy like apple sauce and canned beans and the like (pressure cook for veggies).

I can recommend some excellent books that talk about how to slowly save up your supplies of stuff on a low budget so you can eventually have 2 years worth of food over time.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom