How many wine makers do we have here?

Good for you, I just tried my Dandelion Wine. It trurned out rather dry at 14 % Vol. alcohol. Last year I also made Parsnip Wine and three years ago some Burgundy rape wine which has turned out rather well.

Chicken-Hannes of Hamburg

Well, what does it taste ike? It depends on the additional ingredients. My first charge of last year has a fine fragrance of dandelion blossoms with a hint of orange and lemon. That charge was composed of 4 ltr. dandelion blossoms, 2.5 kg sugar, 2 organic whole oranges, 3 organic whole lemons and water, set up with 10 ml burgundy yeast.

This year I have made two charges, one enriched with a pound of seedless raisins and the other one with a pound of our own dried burgundy grapes. These two set ups are not ready yet, so I have not tasted them so far. Suspence!!!

Well, what does it taste ike? It depends on the additional ingredients. My first charge of last year has a fine fragrance of dandelion blossoms with a hint of orange and lemon. That charge was composed of 4 ltr. dandelion blossoms, 2.5 kg sugar, 2 organic whole oranges, 3 organic whole lemons and water, set up with 10 ml burgundy yeast.

This year I have made two charges, one enriched with a pound of seedless raisins and the other one with a pound of our own dried burgundy grapes. These two set ups are not ready yet, so I have not tasted them so far. Suspence!!!
Sounds good.

Thank you,
your recipe sounds better than mine, but it is more labor though. Nevertheless I´ll try it next year.

Cheers, Chicken-Hannes

Well thank you for the tips about the pear wine. I wondered about he final taste AND the color. However, now that you have said that it isn't sweet, then that is a deal breaker for me because I love sweet wine. :hit

Would love to see your pics of the wine? :pop

You can make it sweet by upping the sugar, I just prefer it drier. If you can ripen the pears, then make a sweet wine, the flavour is gorgeous and it's a shame to waste fruit that can be fermented!

I may go ahead and give the pear wine a try.

Back
Top Bottom