How much are you charging/where do you live?

Garden Gal

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
I've read a lot of the previous posts about how much folks charge for their eggs, but can't get a good feel for what costs are by region. Also, many of the posts are from a year or two ago. I'd like to create a list of prices currently charged by area, so if you are interested, just post what you charge per dozen (or 1/2 or 18) and the state in which you live. Once enough folks have responded I'll do a chart by state.
caf.gif

$2.00 dz in Syracuse, NY. But don't sell to many. Others I know charge the same. Store's charge $1.00 - $1.50 I usually donate to friends who've been downsized.

I don't have any eggs to sell yet, but reg store bought eggs where I live run 1.99 and if you want to buy organic cage free the are 3.99 so if I were to sell I think I would target the latter price... thats what they are equivalent to right?

Here in Maine, I have no difficulties charging $2 a doz. $3 for 18 pack. Some of my buyers actually think I should charge more as the cost of grain is much higher nowadays.

Northern Nevada...currently charging $2 per dozen, may raise to $3 per dozen for new customers this year. I have an egg list longer than I can provide for and the farm stores all charge $3 per dozen.

$4.50 / doz in the North-Western Los Angeles suburbs. Can't hardly get enough eggs to eat with all the outstanding orders left to fill. Occasionally we offer a .25 cent discount for returned cartons.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom