How much are you charging/where do you live?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Garden Gal, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Garden Gal

Garden Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Virginia
    I've read a lot of the previous posts about how much folks charge for their eggs, but can't get a good feel for what costs are by region. Also, many of the posts are from a year or two ago. I'd like to create a list of prices currently charged by area, so if you are interested, just post what you charge per dozen (or 1/2 or 18) and the state in which you live. Once enough folks have responded I'll do a chart by state. [​IMG]

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    $2.00 dz in Syracuse, NY. But don't sell to many. Others I know charge the same. Store's charge $1.00 - $1.50 I usually donate to friends who've been downsized.

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    $1.50-$2 for 12 mixed size(Large - Jumbo) or 18 bantam eggs.

Matt
    Morganton, NC

4. awtandrocks

awtandrocks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2009
    Florida
    I don't have any eggs to sell yet, but reg store bought eggs where I live run 1.99 and if you want to buy organic cage free the are 3.99 so if I were to sell I think I would target the latter price... thats what they are equivalent to right?

5. Cherokeerainbow

Cherokeerainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Turner, Maine
    Here in Maine, I have no difficulties charging $2 a doz. $3 for 18 pack. Some of my buyers actually think I should charge more as the cost of grain is much higher nowadays.

6. briteday

briteday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Northern NV
    Northern Nevada...currently charging $2 per dozen, may raise to $3 per dozen for new customers this year. I have an egg list longer than I can provide for and the farm stores all charge $3 per dozen.

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    TN I will be charging $1.50 a dozen when my younger ones start laying. Right now I only get enough for us and my incubator [​IMG]

8. kipper

kipper Chillin' With My Peeps

$3 a dozen is the going rate around here. Food prices are high in this part of the country, and people do value home raised eggs. All our eggs are colored, no whites.

9. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    $4.50 / doz in the North-Western Los Angeles suburbs. Can't hardly get enough eggs to eat with all the outstanding orders left to fill. Occasionally we offer a .25 cent discount for returned cartons.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  10. card5640

card5640 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Bangor area, Maine
    3$ a doz where I live in Maine during the summer and 6$ during the winter. Thats what the farmers market brings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by