Nov 2023 Organic chicken egg prices How much do you charge and where are you located?

Betsy57

Crazy Chicken Lady
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Murphysboro IL USA
I have been feeding my chickens w Purina Layena, non organic. I thought I'd try organic for a while so I separated some of my chicks and are feeding them organic feed. It is about .75 cents a lb where regular feed is .45 cents a lb. I'm trying to figure out what I should sell them for. $5 sound good? What do you charge and where are you located?

Last edited:
I separated some of my chicks and are feeding them organic feed. It is about .75 cents a lb where regular feed is .45 cents a lb. I'm trying to figure out what I should sell them for. $5 sound good? What do you charge and where are you located?
I am about to sell my eggs but don’t currently. I think what would be helpful to know however is if your selling your eggs for food or if your selling them for hatching.

I am about to sell my eggs but don’t currently. I think what would be helpful to know however is if your selling your eggs for food or if your selling them for hatching.
They are for eating or hatching; whatever the person wants to do with them.

Just because you switch to organic feed, doesn't mean your birds and their eggs are organic....if you want to be honest about it. You need to read up about organic food production and also the going rates in your area.

Just because you switch to organic feed, doesn't mean your birds and their eggs are organic....if you want to be honest about it. You need to read up about organic food production and also the going rates in your area.
I know I can't say they're "certified organic" but I will tell them they're fed organic feed and date started that feed. As far as going rates in my area, that's why I posted this question and asking people''s location so I can figure that out.

Back
Top Bottom