How much do you charge per dozen? And location

Pics
As I mentioned a few days ago I just accept donations for our eggs $3.00 a doz if they want to donate. Well today sis took 2 doz to work for 2 of the ladies who got some last time & one of them gave her $20.00 said it was for next 3 cartons! Sis said no $3.00 lady insisted on $5 & also gave her a 10lb. Bag of organic scratch for the girls which ladies Husband sent! I was totally surprised & thrilled! Of course we thanked her. What a 😍 couple they are.

I am finally getting lots of eggs again and will be selling them locally in the neighborhood. I feed non gmo feeds, and I have a large yard for my chickens fenced in. Not exactly “free range” but close enough for me. I’m wondering how much to charge per dozen this year. Egg prices are crazy but that doesn’t mean I want to price gouge too. This varies with location so please share with me your locations and price per dozen! Thanks!
I generally charge 5 to $6 ,dozen. my eggs are organic.

$8 a dozen in Eagle River, AK... or anything someone wants to trade me! I've traded a dozen eggs for tomato starts, homemade apple butter, a fillet of sockeye salmon, someone shoveling the snow from my driveway for me, and so much more!
I love bartering!

The "cheap eggs" in the store are back down to $3.29. A few weeks ago, they were $5.09. There were a lot more eggs in the case too.

They seem to be going around $4/dz around here in NY's Capital District. I'm not saying this to be preachy or holier than thou, but I donate all mine to the local church food pantry - I'd rather have some poor kid have scrambled eggs for breakfast than try to make back a fraction of my costs. But as in all things, you do you.
Hey, there’s nothing wrong with helping out. What goes around comes around, as I like to say 😁

Back
Top Bottom