How much did you pay for your Thanksgiving Bird

Ms. Lewis Rich

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
My 14 .98 net weight bird was 1.79 a lb.(Honeysuckle White)
Cost $26.81
-8.00 in store coupon
-15.00rebate(store mails it for you)

Cost of Turkey $3.81 !!!!!!!!

Anyone do any better home raised or store bought?

I have 18 turkeys growing out.

8 broad breasted bronze and 10 standard bronze.

I have been feeding them since May.

Thanksgiving dinner turkey will be dispatched next weekend.

Some of the Toms will be 30 lbs or so. OOps!

I know fresh Turkey is the best we have a Turkey Farm right in the middle of our town.

But alas mine came from the store.

I am not strong enough to get a 30 lb. bird in and out of oven! (you would need a man in the house)

You would have to get up mighty early in the morning to cook one that big.

My Grandson had a wild turkey in his sights last weekend, not turkey season yet, he called on his cell and asked if he could shoot it, now that would have been the best Thanksgiving bird!

Last edited:
We haven't gotten into raising our own Turkeys yet, so its still store bought for us.

I got a 22lb one for $18. Would still like to get another one or two while they are on sale.

Congrats on getting yours for under $4!!

mine, is frozen, on sale for .49 a lb. which is high, last three yrs + they have been either .19 - .29 a lb. we pick up a few for the yr and put them in the freezer. but next yr will be different. i have a girlfriend who will be raising them agian starting next spring, it sure will be different
smile.png

mine cost nothing due to the fact that we spend so much money at our grocery store that every year they give us a certificate for a free turkey

Christmas turkeys now in store, (frozen = £2.00 per kilo!) biggest I have seen so far being 4 kilos at the local store! expensive..... but then again everything is at the moment.....

Back
Top Bottom