How much do you charge for a dozen eggs?

$4 per dozen, but we have one customer that insists on paying $5 because of quality due to the natural feed

$2.00 for bantam eggs, $2.50 for big eggs. It's cheaper than the rip-off store in my town. As for egg cartons, I have to many. People always give them to me.
smile.png

Last edited:
I charge $1.25 for a dozen when they bring me a carton and $1.50 if they don't.
For 18 count, I charge $1.50 with a carton and $1.75 without. I will be raising my prices though, I am not getting ahead of the game any.

I know each state is different on prices in the grocery store, so I was checking egg prices at our local walmart and the price of white eggs are $1.68 a doz and the price for brown ( free range ) eggs is $2.16 so I think $2.00 a doz is just right for us here too and I don't know what you all pay for feed but I go thru about 300 lb,s a month half of that is layer pellets which is 13.98 a 50 lb bag here and scratch is $10.60 a bag not to mention I add oats to my scratch which is 13.50 a 40lb bag. SHEEWWWWW! That's alot of money as you can see we need to sell the eggs to get something back out of our birds so we can keep enjoying them
big_smile.png
!!!!!!!!!!

$3.00 if I know they can aford it. But there are just a couple that I charge less. They are pretty hurting right now. $3 is what everyone around here sells for.

Last edited:
Wow, here in Portland, OR they are $3 at the CHEAPEST!! Up to $6 at the farmer's markets. I get some for $4.25 to supplement my hens production. I wish I could get farm eggs for $1 or even $2!!!

Back
Top Bottom