How much do you charge per dozen? And location

I am finally getting lots of eggs again and will be selling them locally in the neighborhood. I feed non gmo feeds, and I have a large yard for my chickens fenced in. Not exactly “free range” but close enough for me. I’m wondering how much to charge per dozen this year. Egg prices are crazy but that doesn’t mean I want to price gouge too. This varies with location so please share with me your locations and price per dozen! Thanks!
I'm in Western PA I charge 3.00 dozen and return the carton.

Oh - also... I stated out just giving them away, and once my friends and family found out I was charging others, they insisted on paying, too.
Can’t say the same here lol! They all know we sell eggs for only $3 a dozen. Cheapest here is close to $5 for regular white eggs. However, certain family members seem to think that since we have them we should be supplying them for free. Funny how that works. Last time I checked feed, care, and maintenance isn’t free lol. For the time being we will do what we can, but that’s not going to last much longer since we are getting more and more regular customers that are helping offset cost.

In Central Ky., I charge $5 per dozen for my free range “daughters’” eggs in my backyard. Used to charge $4, but hen feed went up 50%. My customers don’t mind the $1 per dozen. Another big cost ppl aren’t discussing is the high cost of raising chicks. We raised two week old chicks last spring and quickly discovered it is more cost effective to buy pullets, than raise chicks. We do love our now grown healthy chicks and they are laying everyday. 🐓

Attachments

• 9DFAAC96-4194-4933-A7C1-5567C3EF3ED1.jpeg
    9DFAAC96-4194-4933-A7C1-5567C3EF3ED1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom