How much do your chickens love you?

Now I know mine chickens love me. This morning after I let them out I went back to the house. Then I went back out to clean the coop and here they all come running with love just flowing out of their little pea picking hearts. Then when I didn't have food for um they went off to do their thing. Does that mean they really hate me?
sad.png

I'm pretty sure my chickens only tolerate me because I feed them. My rabbits are the same way, only one of them really really likes me.

That being said they seem to love my 4 year old much better.

Quote:
She looks like she`s sizing up the distance to that glint in your eyeball.......Pop

na she isnt a pecker daisy on the other hand i cant trust that close without holding her firmly.

When I first got my girls they would sqwack and back away from me when I went to shut their house door for the night. Now when I shut the door I poke my head in the chicken door to take roll and tell them goodnight and I just get soft coos. May not be love but it sure makes me feel good.
love.gif

Quote:
She looks like she`s sizing up the distance to that glint in your eyeball.......Pop

This made me laugh out loud!
lol.png
I was looking at the bird's face and thinking, "Look how she is pulled back and away from the human's face but she has a look that says, 'Any closer, Bub, and I OWN those shiny things in your face!' ".

I'll tell you this...chickens have a good memory and that is all. When they were chicks they got to sit on your lap and eat from your hand, or they got food right before they got on the lap or right afterwards, it doesn't really matter... they just remember that getting on your lap equals food. Nothing more, nothing less.

I gave away some of my flock to a friend and months later I go to visit and the birds from my flock(not any from HER flock) came running as I got out of my vehicle. Did I think they remembered me and were soooooo glad to see me? Nope. They remembered that THIS...this person used to give them food! Maybe she will again....

As soon as they realized I didn't have food, they meandered away.

If I DIDN'T have a flock that would maul you if you fainted in the yard, I'd cull them for not being good foragers.
big_smile.png

Love?
They are cute, they are funny, they add a certain aspect to the yard,
but they don't have any emotions or attachments.

Think of them as little raptors, which they are.
Curious, opportunistic, ready to eat.
Not a shred of anything resembling emotions.

Quote:
Yup, that's how I keep telling hubby he is going to go. I'm going to knock him out in the back yard and cover him with corn. I figure in 10 minutes, even CIS wouldn't find enough left to identify!

Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom