How much is a Lakenvelder roo worth?

See thread title ^^^
Hard to say without any details. How old is the bird? Is he show quality? What's his disposition like? Is he healthy? Do you live in an area where people are looking to buy that breed? You might get a better answer if you go to the Buy, Sell, Trade section of the forum.

Hard to say without any details. How old is the bird? Is he show quality? What's his disposition like? Is he healthy? Do you live in an area where people are looking to buy that breed? You might get a better answer if you go to the Buy, Sell, Trade section of the forum.
He's young... I really don't know (he was sold to me as a "japanese bantam" hen) I'll try to post pics of him tomorrow. He's kinda flighty, very healthy...

Thank you! He hurts my hens while mating, so Mario has to go... He's just too tiny to eat
lol.png

Thank you! He hurts my hens while mating, so Mario has to go... He's just too tiny to eat
lol.png

If he's exactly what someone wants, they'll pay for him, otherwise, often, even with purebred roosters you're lucky to find a good home for the nice extra ones. If he's what you want and young but just too rough for the girls you might want to keep him separated for a bit and give him time to mature. Most young cockerels are too rough and eager when they start and improve from there. Give him time, he might turn into a decent flock rooster once he gets some experience under his belt.
Or if you don't want him and someone just wants a flock rooster he might be better with larger older hens who can put him in his place. Good luck.

Lakenvelder - Japanese Bantam???
Need pics.

Most cock/erels aren't worth much...except in the stew pot.
No bird is too small to eat.

Last edited:
Lakenvelder - Japanese Bantam???
Need pics.

Most cock/erels aren't worth much...except in the stew pot.
No bird is too small to eat.
If nothing else, he'd make a good stock... You'd have more chicken in your soup than you would if you bought a can from the grocery store.

Back
Top Bottom