How much love is too much love for chickens?

Is anyone out there obsessed with their chickens? I find myself watching them constantly through the window or if I’m outside constantly fussing with them and making sure they have what the need (snacks, enough roaming space, etc). My girls like to take naps in my lap and like to hang out around me. I’m first time chicken owner and didn’t know if this is normal for me to want to be around them all the time.

Do not fear! (Or maybe you should fear ;) ) You are just exhibiting symptoms of chicken addiction. There are two options: it will fade a little over time, or or will grow rapidly stronger. ( :lol:) The latter is very serious and will affect your daily life drastically, a couple examples are: spending too much time with your chickens, excessive feeding of treats, and far too much chicken addition. Here is a good article explaining the did and don'ts of chicken tv: 15 Ways to Avoid Becoming a Chicken Couch Potato :lau

Beware: chicken keeping is a dangerously addictive and emotional sport. Everybody should do it. :wee

Is anyone out there obsessed with their chickens? I find myself watching them constantly through the window or if I’m outside constantly fussing with them and making sure they have what the need (snacks, enough roaming space, etc). My girls like to take naps in my lap and like to hang out around me. I’m first time chicken owner and didn’t know if this is normal for me to want to be around them all the time.
You have joined the right group! Many of us exhibit the same symptoms that you do, we have learned to accept it! I do many of the things that you describe. My family thinks I’m nuts but I don’t even care anymore!😂

Do not fear! (Or maybe you should fear ;) ) You are just exhibiting symptoms of chicken addiction. There are two options: it will fade a little over time, or or will grow rapidly stronger. ( :lol:) The latter is very serious and will affect your daily life drastically, a couple examples are: spending too much time with your chickens, excessive feeding of treats, and far too much chicken addition. Here is a good article explaining the did and don'ts of chicken tv: 15 Ways to Avoid Becoming a Chicken Couch Potato :lau

Beware: chicken keeping is a dangerously addictive and emotional sport. Everybody should do it. :wee
Lol I would love to fear!!! I am a chicken addict!! I just love the 3 I have and hover over them constantly. I hate when I have to go to work because I can’t be around them.

It's impossible to love chickens too much, more the better! :D Chickens are highly addictive and the only treatment is MORE chickens!
551620-9e9baee29d145994f0623deb746cf525.gif
So let the hubby think what he will, we all stand behind you!! 🐔

Are you kidding?sounds completely normal to me! I've always loved animals but chickens are the "bomb" they are so smart,funny,loyal,catty,mean,beautiful.Whats not to love?And they love to scratch my slippers and tug on my pants.Jump in my lap to sleep.
Yes,I have people I talk to all day,but the first thing they ask if I don't sound ok,is,how are the chickens? I watch them like a hawk.That way you know if they are sick before they even know.They are fun always.
Every hen will answer vocally if I call them by name,even at night.They know I'll keep calling their name otherwise." Big red,u alright big red?"She sighs an answer to me in the dark.
My husband knows the chickens are first.I always ask my hens in the morning,"did you sleep good last night little chicky"
I never say that ,well ,to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom