How much oregano is good for chickens?

Pics
Personally, I save the herbs and spices for when I cook the chickens.

When I throw prunings from the herb garden into the chicken run they taste them then eat no more -- grinding them into the litter under their feet.

Also, I NEVER put anything into their water without also offering plain, pure water in another waterer.

It's ok, sorry it got a bit out of hand! I can delete my posts if you'd like!
It's fine, I just don't see reason why we have to argue and can't be civilized. Oregano has been proven in studies to be beneficial- end of story. I don't have time or patience to go back and forth arguing like chickens. Thanks for your help though!

It's fine, I just don't see reason why we have to argue and can't be civilized. Oregano has been proven in studies to be beneficial- end of story. I don't have time or patience to go back and forth arguing like chickens. Thanks for your help though!
Me either, I know it's good and that's all that matters. Not here to argue with people, I just wanted to help you!

I came across a study on black pepper that suggests that using it in over 0.3% of the diet can reduce eggshell quality, and it cites another study as saying over 0.6% garlic in the diet decreased productivity. Unfortunately, it's hard to read because English is not the authors' first language, but at least it's short.

https://www.scielo.br/j/asas/a/w8wpP6MDpF7g6QGz9NZGj5w/?lang=en

So, probably something like 0.25-0.5% (by dry weight) with breaks (something like one week on, one week off) would be a good starting point for the oregano. I wouldn't put it in the waterer unless the water gets used up in about a day. Oregano tea, like all teas I've tried, will ferment. Maybe apple cider vinegar added to the water would prevent it from going bad for longer. That gives me an idea.... oregano infused ACV... we're starting to get into salad dressing territory, here....

Back
Top Bottom