How much should I ask for this Red Jungle Fowl Rooster? photo attached

arianna

Songster
12 Years
Sep 8, 2010
North Carolina
I want to sell my 9 month old Rooster on Craig List, but I have no idea how much would be a fair price. I couldn't find anyone else selling this breed of roosters to compare with. From what I found on google he seems to have a very correct pattern for his breed. As much as I would love to keep him since he is so beautiful and I raise him from day old, I can not because he is to defensive lately when I try to pick up and pet my bantam hens. He only does that in their chicken run but not when they are on free range.

I found this web site but no prices. my rooster looks a lot like their roosters.
http://redjunglefowl.webs.com/

67374_gaini_130.jpg

67374_rooster.jpg

67374_gaini_122.jpg

67374_gaini_037.jpg

67374_gaini_061.jpg

67374_gaini_036.jpg

67374_gaini_176.jpg

67374_gaini_043.jpg

Last edited:
It's really going to depend on where you live. Here, I can't always even GIVE roosters away, even beautiful ones like yours. The only people here who take them are people like me who pick up free birds off Craigslist to eat.

He may look like a Jungle rooster , alot do.....but rare to find true pure jungle fowl, would he pass a DA test....if not only a small amout or may have to give him away.

He also looks like a game, of other breeds

He is so handsome! You could teach him to behave himself and remove his spurs too. He is so gorgeous if you really want to have a roo around, he might not be bad if you can teach him you are and always will be the boss. there are threads on here on how to rehab a naughty boy. I can't remember who it is, but she has a roo named Thor and another named Zeus that she tells how she got them in line.
Good luck either way you go.

well, I made sure he went to a home that DID NOT fight him because he was a game roo. He was a sweetheart to. I think we sold him for $20
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom