How much to sell 1 doz Goose Eggs for Eatting??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ThreeBoysChicks, Apr 9, 2011.

1. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I have someone interested in purchasing 1 doz goose eggs to eat. I am not hatching yet, because I was late seperating the breeds. What would sell them for?

As a point of reference, I sell my chicken eggs for 2.50 per dozen.

Thanks,
    Ed

2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

I`ve never sold any, but a reasonable amount would seem to be $10-12 a dozen. They are a novelty item and it`s not exactly like you can get them off the shelf at your grocery store. Some areas might even pay more. Just my 2 cents............Pop

3. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Thanks for quick response. I like your number better. But I sold them for $7. Still, that is 1/2 a bag of feed.

4. GarlicEater

GarlicEater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Gilroy, CA
    Considering how much egg you get in a goose egg, they should be $2 each. I put an ad in my local Craig's List and have plenty interested at $1 each, the problem being I'm so rural, it's hard to get people to meet up.

We need some kind of a local market that's once a week, and you just go and sell what you have, buy what you're looking for, without a local Mafia asking $20 a space, or the gov't poking its scaly head in.

5. lemongrass

lemongrass Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2011
    Maryland, US
    Quote:I LOVE THIS IDEA. [​IMG] Sorry, I get sad every time I think of the joke the gov't "food safety" sector is. I am totally going to set something like this up in MD.

6. opalwednesday

opalwednesday Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Ridgecrest
    how many geese do you keep? I have two babies (two weeks old). I'm excited to cook a goose egg but I've read that they don't lay too many. 30 a season seems like the popular ballpark, but I've yet to see how long the season lasts.

[​IMG]

7. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I have 1 pair Brown Chinese, 1 pair French Telouse and a Female tufted Roman whose mate died this past winter. So 3 females.

8. conniear50

conniear50 New Egg

May 7, 2015
    I have people buying my goose eggs for 2.50 for each egg. I have one goose, they are not fertilized but they are open pasture and fed organic feed. Since I have no male to reproduce it is my only return on her. My chicken eggs which are all free roam organic feeders are now 3.00 a dozen but I am considering returning to four. My realization of needing my own chickens came after doing a quality check posted on line concerning the rating of what I was buying at 6-9.00 a dozen. My duck eggs are the same, and I sell them for five a dozen but considering raising prices on them. The eat a whole lot. Getting ready to make some changes for 14 ducks. Looking for someone in my area to process some of mine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by