How much to sell 1 doz Goose Eggs for Eatting??

ThreeBoysChicks

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Thurmont, MD
I have someone interested in purchasing 1 doz goose eggs to eat. I am not hatching yet, because I was late seperating the breeds. What would sell them for?

As a point of reference, I sell my chicken eggs for 2.50 per dozen.

Thanks,
Ed

I`ve never sold any, but a reasonable amount would seem to be $10-12 a dozen. They are a novelty item and it`s not exactly like you can get them off the shelf at your grocery store. Some areas might even pay more. Just my 2 cents............Pop

Considering how much egg you get in a goose egg, they should be $2 each. I put an ad in my local Craig's List and have plenty interested at $1 each, the problem being I'm so rural, it's hard to get people to meet up.

We need some kind of a local market that's once a week, and you just go and sell what you have, buy what you're looking for, without a local Mafia asking $20 a space, or the gov't poking its scaly head in.

Quote:
I LOVE THIS IDEA.
hit.gif
Sorry, I get sad every time I think of the joke the gov't "food safety" sector is. I am totally going to set something like this up in MD.

I have people buying my goose eggs for 2.50 for each egg. I have one goose, they are not fertilized but they are open pasture and fed organic feed. Since I have no male to reproduce it is my only return on her. My chicken eggs which are all free roam organic feeders are now 3.00 a dozen but I am considering returning to four. My realization of needing my own chickens came after doing a quality check posted on line concerning the rating of what I was buying at 6-9.00 a dozen. My duck eggs are the same, and I sell them for five a dozen but considering raising prices on them. The eat a whole lot. Getting ready to make some changes for 14 ducks. Looking for someone in my area to process some of mine.

I have someone interested in purchasing 1 doz goose eggs to eat. I am not hatching yet, because I was late seperating the breeds. What would sell them for?

As a point of reference, I sell my chicken eggs for 2.50 per dozen.

Thanks,
Ed
Free range Goose eggs are sell here for about $3.00 each for high quality. They are often sought after for those making quality pasta. They are also used for other specialty foods. Good goose eggs are hard to come by.

Considering how much egg you get in a goose egg, they should be $2 each. I put an ad in my local Craig's List and have plenty interested at $1 each, the problem being I'm so rural, it's hard to get people to meet up.

We need some kind of a local market that's once a week, and you just go and sell what you have, buy what you're looking for, without a local Mafia asking $20 a space, or the gov't poking its scaly head in.
For sure

Back
Top Bottom