How often do pullets lay?

How hot is it where you are? The prolonged heat and humidity has dramatically cut back on my girls laying; laying less and a little smaller.

Last edited:
In Boise it has been 90s-100s but it is supposed to cool down a little I hope. Daisy my Leghorn actually layed earlier this afternoon though finally and she got all the others riled up, they were clucking like crazy, congratulating her I think
yippiechickie.gif

Here is a pic of some of the firsts
yippiechickie.gif

The whites are my Leghorn Daisy's and the greens are my Ameracauna Xena's. I have a Barred and a RIR that have yet to lay.

I had the same question...my Araucana "mix" Stella laid her first, beautiful blue-green egg two days ago. Nothing since. She's also young, around 18 weeks or so. I was a little concerned, but I guess this is normal?

Yeah, young layers will often start out sporadic but she'll get the hang of things soon enough. My Ameracauna did the same thing, and now she lays one each day. Also if it's hot where you are that affects the consistency of their laying.

black Austrolorps seem slow laying are 21 weeks old started last Monday have accumulated 9 small eggs and none today is that slow for this breed?

well my post was too small to read my comment was: I live in Texas and it is sizzling hot here would that factor in the slow laying pullets?

Back
Top Bottom