How old was the oldest eggs you ever hatched out??

henney penny

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
Northern Maine
I have been saving my eggs for almost two week now,I won some eggs on ebay and they will not be here for another 5 days,I want all the eggs to go in the bator at the same time.My question is some of my eggs will be close to three weeks old what are the chances they will hatch?I have read that some people have hatched 30 day old eggs.I am going to try it and then candle at 10 days to see if anything is growing.Has anyone else ever hatched eggs older than 10 days?

Im about to try the same thing because of limited space in my bator, so i also hope someone with experience doing it responds :)

The latest I've ever experienced one of my eggs hatching was day 27. Little Acuff. He hatched under a broody bantam (the one in my profile picture) It was winter time, so I guess from the low temps where she was set.

Last edited:
The latest I've ever experienced one of my eggs hatching was day 27.  Little Acuff.  He hatched under a broody bantam (the one in my profile picture)  It was winter time, so I guess from the low temps where she was set.

Not actually a late hatch but we were wondering what is the longest anyone has ever let there shipped or non shipped eggs sit before putting in the bator, that piece of info is also helpful to me though its something i was wondering thanks :)

I have some in the bator now that I waited 2 weeks and five days to put in. I candeled yesterday, which was day 14, and the babies are in there moving around. Hope this helped a little more!

I received mine from a farmer in co.kerry and she wrote the laying date on the egg for me which was helpful, the ones which are waiting to go in will be 23 days old assuming i can get all the chicks out of the bator in one day, they are pekins though so they may hatch a bit early. I would love to know if anyone have left them that long i have heard they can last for a month maybe but haven't read anything about it yet. :/

I have some in the bator now that I waited 2 weeks and five days to put in.  I candeled yesterday, which was day 14, and the babies are in there moving around.  Hope this helped a little more!

Thanks that give me some hope maybe one mor week might not hurt them :)

Back
Top Bottom