How old was the oldest eggs you ever hatched out??

Loved finding this thread. I just gave a dozen eggs to a friend that has a broody and hoping to see if 4 Ameruacana eggs that I very much want to hatch will be ok. The oldest is 16 days old, then 14, 11, and 9. The hen has stopped laying after 3 94 degree days. she seemed to really take the heat hard, and hasn't laid in over a week. She seems fine other wise, but wanted to see if I could hatch her last four eggs.. The remaining 8 I gave her are from my other hens that were laid today.. At the very least I should get some nice Easter Eggers. They are due July 2-4. I kept the Ameruacana eggs in my basement and turned them 3/4 times a day, although I did forget to do it one day...Hope at least a couple of the purebred Ameruacanas make it.. they are from the John Blem lines. Fingers crossed!

MB

Loved finding this thread.  I just gave a dozen eggs to a friend that has a broody and hoping to see if 4  Ameruacana eggs that I very much want to hatch will be ok.  The oldest is 16 days old, then 14, 11, and 9.  The hen has stopped laying after 3 94 degree days.  she seemed to really take the heat hard, and hasn't laid in over a week.  She seems fine other wise, but wanted to see if I could hatch her last four eggs..  The remaining 8 I gave her are from my other hens that were laid today..  At the very least I should get some nice Easter Eggers.  They are due July 2-4.  I kept the Ameruacana eggs in my basement and turned them 3/4 times a day, although I did forget to do it one day...Hope at least a couple of the purebred Ameruacanas make it.. they are from the John Blem lines.  Fingers crossed!

MB

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you go. Cheers

I have been saving my eggs for almost two week now,I won some eggs on ebay and they will not be here for another 5 days,I want all the eggs to go in the bator at the same time.My question is some of my eggs will be close to three weeks old what are the chances they will hatch?I have read that some people have hatched 30 day old eggs.I am going to try it and then candle at 10 days to see if anything is growing.Has anyone else ever hatched eggs older than 10 days?
I have hatched 3 week+ eggs Those were Bantam welsummer had around 40% hatch and also hatched out 2 week old quail eggs that had got lost in the mail had 65% hatch

Back
Top Bottom