How old was your hen when she laid her 1st egg?

Blue Andalusian
23 weeks old, 1st egg today!!!!
White egg
It's small, but it's the first one...

This is a Black Star brown egg for reference, and a Blue Andalusian feather and egg (found today covered in mud in my mini everglades)
35639_augpt7_005.jpg

Quote:
Is a 'California White' a Rock?

A California White is a cross between a Leghorn and a California Gray. It is white with small black feathers that make it look polka-dotted. I couldn't resist getting my "practice chicks" before I got the big bunch of BO's.
wink.png

We have 4RIR-16 week olds-only one is laying 4 about a week now-small brown
6 EE's-20 weeks no eggs
3 silkies 12 weeks...no eggs there either..
sad.png

Melinda

I guess I am not the only one waiting. My chicks are 19 weeks old and I keep checking everyday. I am new to chicken raising-but loving it. Started with 5 chicks but wish I got more.

our golden comets began at week 15 and had normal large eggs in brown. Since then we are now at week 19, we have a total of 46 brown eggs. Our RR's and white leghorns havent started laying yet. THey were a week younger so they are week 18. They are laying 4 in same nest by 11am, and one lays in the dirt in a corner outside. My grandmothers 90th bday party is tomorrow and I am bringing deviled eggs. We have had 2 x x large eggs that were double yolkers.

Quote:
Is a 'California White' a Rock?

A California White is a cross between a Leghorn and a California Gray. It is white with small black feathers that make it look polka-dotted. I couldn't resist getting my "practice chicks" before I got the big bunch of BO's.
wink.png

Okay, I guess this leads to "What is a California Gray?"

Quote:
I have 4 golden comets and 2 started laying last week at 16-17 weeks? def not older than that though.. the other 2 are bogarting somewhere..LOL

waiting patiently...- ha (impatiently checking the nests 20 times a day!) Looking for signs...all 6 pullets- 19 weeks old and the SLW looks sooooo ready- she has bright red wattle, comb and earlobes and is broad across the behind if you know what I mean- she's a beauty! I'll post their first egg photo and what age - this is an eggciting thread- so many young pullets already laying- gives me hope I am getting close:)
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom