How old would you guess this Barred Rock Hen is? And IS she a barred rock?

I bought these hens June 7, about 5.5 weeks ago.
When I bought them, the fella said they were 5 months old.
But now I'm realizing they were much younger, because I'm looking on YouTube at 20 week old hens and they already have red combs and wattles. My girl barely has a pink comb. And she's supposedly 24-25 weeks old now.

Could she be a Dominique girl?

How old do you think she is, those of you who have Barred Rocks?

At the same time, I bought 3 Red Sex-links and the Blue Wyandotte mix.
Two of the reds are laying - just started this week.
He said they were all the same age.

Thoughts?View attachment 1078171 View attachment 1078173

I don't know, mine are at 15 weeks and they have way bigger combs and wattles... your barred rock is either slow growing or about 14 weeks... Imo... I will post pictures tomorrow, the ones I have in my phone are not recent enough...

I don't know, mine are at 15 weeks and they have way bigger combs and wattles... your barred rock is either slow growing or about 14 weeks... Imo... I will post pictures tomorrow, the ones I have in my phone are not recent enough...

Take a look at the pics I posted. They're both 20 weeks (got them as baby chicks on 3/06). They obviously mature at different rates, but you can get a good idea of age by size & feathering.

I bought these hens June 7, about 5.5 weeks ago.
When I bought them, the fella said they were 5 months old.
But now I'm realizing they were much younger, because I'm looking on YouTube at 20 week old hens and they already have red combs and wattles. My girl barely has a pink comb. And she's supposedly 24-25 weeks old now.

Could she be a Dominique girl?

How old do you think she is, those of you who have Barred Rocks?

At the same time, I bought 3 Red Sex-links and the Blue Wyandotte mix.
Two of the reds are laying - just started this week.
He said they were all the same age.

Thoughts?View attachment 1078171 View attachment 1078173

So, I just took some pictures of my barred rocks so you can compare, mine are 16 almost 17 weeks old....

IMG_5056.JPG
IMG_5057.JPG
IMG_5058.JPG
IMG_5060.JPG
IMG_5061.JPG
IMG_5062.JPG
IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_5064.JPG
IMG_5065.JPG
IMG_5066.JPG
IMG_5067.JPG

Back