how quick are hens to adapt to a new home?

Salmon1000

Hatching
May 21, 2021
So, i have a hen who happens to have an underlying condition that needs treatment that we can´t give her, to add to that, we can´t really keep multiple hens or anything so we only have her, we have no coop because dogs and possums, and in general, it isn´t the best place for a hen.

We are planning on giving her away to someone who can take care of her and has already spoken to a vet about treating her condition.
However i wanted to know how well do hens adapt to new enviroments, i know they become irritated with new enviroments but it is the first time i deal with a hen and i don´t know how well they take this type of change, health wise it isn´t much of an issue due to the close contact with the best vets we could find, but you know, this hen is a pet and i love her, even if i can´t keep her, i just want the best for the animal, so i want to know if a hen that has never really had a flock or anything like that, will be able to integrate to one and be happy in a new home, she is either less than a year old or a year old, i am not sure as i just, found her outside my home a couple of months ago.

Thank you for helping

So, i have a hen who happens to have an underlying condition that needs treatment that we can´t give her, to add to that, we can´t really keep multiple hens or anything so we only have her, we have no coop because dogs and possums, and in general, it isn´t the best place for a hen.

We are planning on giving her away to someone who can take care of her and has already spoken to a vet about treating her condition.
However i wanted to know how well do hens adapt to new enviroments, i know they become irritated with new enviroments but it is the first time i deal with a hen and i don´t know how well they take this type of change, health wise it isn´t much of an issue due to the close contact with the best vets we could find, but you know, this hen is a pet and i love her, even if i can´t keep her, i just want the best for the animal, so i want to know if a hen that has never really had a flock or anything like that, will be able to integrate to one and be happy in a new home, she is either less than a year old or a year old, i am not sure as i just, found her outside my home a couple of months ago.

Thank you for helping
It will take time but I think it will be alright!😉 I would say it takes hens an average of about 1-5 days to get used to new surroundings. I have integrated many new hens to my existing flocks, moved chickens around, and added new chicks and I haven’t had any problems!😉 She should be okay!❤️

It will take time but I think it will be alright!😉 I would say it takes hens an average of about 1-5 days to get used to new surroundings. I have integrated many new hens to my existing flocks, moved chickens around, and added new chicks and I haven’t had any problems!😉 She should be okay!❤️
Ah, thank you very much ❤️, this makes me feel so much better, i know she will be equally pampered by her new owner, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom