How "RARE" Are Muscovys?

Here is my latest clutch. The drake that's sitting with the blue hen above is the father to these. It's hard to tell as he's molting but he's a lavender barred.
Mommy duck here is a black barred and it looks like all 10 ducklings will be barred! I think there are 3 different colors so it will be very interesting and exciting to see how they feather!

And here is one of my black barred Juvenile drakes from last year. Just love his pattern so I wanted to share
smile.png

I was searching the internet when I came upon a hatchery that was selling "RARE" muscovy ducklings for $24.99 !!!!!!!!
ep.gif
The pic of the white muscovy that was posted looks just like 10 drakes. The hen looks like my 25 hens and the ducklings look just like the 100 that I have hatched this year. So what does "RARE" muscovy mean? I'm confused. I didn't realize hatcheries sell them so high. I better look at increasing my prices.
idunno.gif

How much do you all sell your muscovy ducklings for?

the only "rare" part about them is that hatcheries don't normally sell muscovys.. they are a bit more delicate to have shipped.. so most hatcheries won't touch them..

but other than that... nothing really rare about a muscovy at all.. lol

we don't bother to sell the ducklings.. but we have given them away.. when I bought my first local ones though.. i believe the guy charged me either 7 bucks each or 10... it's been awhile!

I was searching the internet when I came upon a hatchery that was selling "RARE" muscovy ducklings for $24.99 !!!!!!!! :eek: The pic of the white muscovy that was posted looks just like 10 drakes. The hen looks like my 25 hens and the ducklings look just like the 100 that I have hatched this year. So what does "RARE" muscovy mean? I'm confused. I didn't realize hatcheries sell them so high. I better look at increasing my prices. :idunno

How much do you all sell your muscovy ducklings for?

the only "rare" part about them is that hatcheries don't normally sell muscovys.. they are a bit more delicate to have shipped.. so most hatcheries won't touch them..

but other than that... nothing really rare about a muscovy at all.. lol 

we don't bother to sell the ducklings.. but we have given them away.. when I bought my first local ones though.. i believe the guy charged me either 7 bucks each or 10... it's been awhile!

I didn't think they were rare either because I can hatch as many as 300+ every year. Nothing rare about that. :/

wee.gif
Haha, this is true! And if those goose eggs hatch she will have some LARGE babies to keep warm
wink.png

I have a brooder house that will be ready for them though so I can always (and probably will) move the big happy family in there once the babies hatch. That way I won't risk anyone getting chilled as it is insulated and I keep a few heat lamps going to make sure everyone has one to lay under if need be
I'm sure they will all appreciate it. Hopefully you'll post some pics.

Here is my latest clutch. The drake that's sitting with the blue hen above is the father to these. It's hard to tell as he's molting but he's a lavender barred. Mommy duck here is a black barred and it looks like all 10 ducklings will be barred! I think there are 3 different colors so it will be very interesting and exciting to see how they feather! And here is one of my black barred Juvenile drakes from last year. Just love his pattern so I wanted to share :)
Ooooooooooo, love the babies. Too stinkin' cute. And love the color pattern. :love

Back
Top Bottom