How Should I House 100 Roosters!

Pics

Papaw-John

Songster
Apr 16, 2018
Buna, Texas
I have 100 rooster chicks being delivered in about a month. I am having a hard time deciding how to house them. I will brooder them in my coop that has a floor. My first thought was to make a temporary coop in a section of my barn. But I felt it would be too messy. Then I thought about making a coop I could drag around with my tractor. Then I thought about making several smaller low profile chicken tractors. Now, I am thinking about fencing off a big, long run (size and location where I want to plant grape vine, berry bushes and like plants).
I could run electrick wire around the outside low to prevent predictors and build a temporary coop inside.
I am leaning toward the last idea, but I was leaning towards each one listed at one time.
Well? :wee

Not sure how to help with the housing, but just wondering... what are all the roosters for? Meat?
That's what I'm saying.. can you imagine? 100 roosters lol
Sorry I just had to ask, usually people don’t want any roosters, but here you are getting 100!
And I thought two roosters was bad!!!
:eek:
Tell me about it. My two keep me on my toes...can't imagine.

We just free ranged our 300 roosters and let them decide where they wanted to roost. :confused: It was too many for one coop at the time

But if you're getting them for meat, obviously you wouldn't want to do that. In my opinion, those chicken tractors seem more convenient. Then you can move them wherever you feel convenient at the time. Of course you can do whatever you want!

You didn't see that movie about the guy who had 100 roosters and was sued from his neighbors? Kind of boring but kind of interesting movie it was on Amazon Prime.

Can you record it for us though? That be pretty cool to see!

In the movie it showed that the people hired an investigator to see how many times the rooster's would Crow throughout the day and a hundred roosters with Crow 20,000 times.

I hope you bought some good earmuffs for your neighbors and yourself!!

Back
Top Bottom