1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How spoiled are your chickens...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sophia5, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Sophia5

Sophia5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2013
    Ask your self this question.

How spoiled are your chickens?

2. Nacht

Nacht New Egg

Jun 28, 2013
    Spoiled enough that when the kids ask if they can have a slice of watermelon, I say no it's for the chickens [​IMG]

3. CGChickMama

CGChickMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2013
    Grand Haven, MI
    They know if they come to the sliding glass door and knock that they will get a treat. They always know when dinner is too and patiently wait for any leftovers.

4. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Spoiled enough that my top broodies each expect their own cage and will complain loudly if I allow another chook in there even when they're between broods. I've been sworn at by chooks for not bringing treats before. True story. :D

5. Well I would say not spoiled enough except for when....
    they get their own baths for fun
    come inside and get a massage in the sink when they were egg bound. (turns out she was faking it! Guess she just wanted a massage..)
    they have their own call for treats, and they know it and come when called
    they come peckin at my door when I'm gone too long!
    I have a shopping list for them. :p

6. MandalaMaMa

MandalaMaMa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    southern Oregon coast
    Spoiled enough that my neighbor say they better start laying GOLDEN eggs soon and calls their coop the Hilton!

7. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    So spoiled that they have a special whistle to come to treats, yet get sulky if I don't have them. So spoiled that i am buying a popcorn maker so they can have more popcorn, so spoiled that I go to the shop and the first thing I look for is treats for them (last saturday I got 1 /12 kilos of grapes for 30p that did for a few days) so spoilt that they get breakfast before I do.

8. So spoiled that someone asks me what my coop is and I say 'Half of our springhouse.' Very spoiled to the point that all the coops have names... (The Winter Mansion, The Juni Coop, the Cob job Coop.) [​IMG]

9. iheartnh

iheartnh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2013
    Derry, NH
    So spoiled that my alarm is set to wake me up minutes after sunrise, and I go right out to the coop to let them into their run and sprinkle their homemade snack mix. [​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by