How Sweet Is She ? ? ?

Chickie Mamma

Farmer at Heart
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Sherman, CT
Hello, I am talking about my 6 year old daughter.. Yesterday she let out a nasty cough and sniffle and I cringed and knew what today would bring. So I told her, before she went to bed, that if she was feeling ill, warm etc. during the night, to wake me up so we could take her temp. She woke me up this morning at 6:30 am with 103 fever. She said she was up all night not feeling to good. So I asked her why she didn't wake me up and her reply was...
" Mommy, you have been telling everybody how nice it has been to sleep now that Dominic ( her little brother ) is finally sleeping through the night ( after 3 years ) so I didn't want to wake you up." I felt about an inch tall at that moment. I reassured her that when she IS sick, she needs to wake me up! Needless to say, after the doctor's visit (thank God its not strep) we stopped at Friendly's to take some ice cream home for her sore throat. I just thought that was the sweetest thing. At only 6 years old, she was actually thinking about someone else besides herself. We don't play favorites here, but for today, she IS!!
love.gif

Thanks, its just a nasty virus. No meds, just Motrin and Tylenol to try to keep the fever down. You can't imagine how strong a very skinny little 6 year old is until she sees the swab for the throat culture.. Almost as bad as shots! I should have eaten my Wheaties this morning!
ep.gif

Awww -- that is so sweet and unusual for her to be that thoughtful at that age. I hope she's better soon!

She is reading the posts with me and she wants to thank all of you for the well wishes. She says " Wow, there are alot of nice people on their huh? " Time for more ice cream !!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom