How the heck to get a 4 month old human baby to sleep PIC UPDATE

Quote:
I Second that.

I will third that also. It used to annoy to me to no end when people would tell me that I needed to hold any of my newborns less so that I wouldn't spoil them. Hold the little, bitty ones all you want. They grow up very, very quickly.

I fourth that! Strap that baby in a sling against your body and walk around. Don't forget to have the room pitch dark if you need him/her to sleep.

Quote:
That's what I did. Something about not having to physically get out of bed made me feel a little bit more rested. Sometimes swaddling helps. Depends why the baby is crying and not sleeping....

Everyone warned me that toddlerhood would be worse but I think toddlerhood is way easier than a new baby!

Last edited:
my youngest hated being in the car. it was a nightmare having to drive from one place to another. lol. the only way she was quiet is if someone was in the back seat with her lol. and sometimes that didnt' even work.

i co sleep(partially) i put her to bed with me and then when hubby comes to bed i put her in her crib. but i have to say she sleeps a lot better in the bed than the crib.

The suggestions are all great ones. If i lived closer i would help out. we all know what it's like. even if you get a nap during the day(if someone watches her for you) do you have anyone who can do that? if you do, take a bit of advantage of that and steal a nap so you can better deal with it at night.

slings, swings, carseat by the washer/dryer, a vacuum, all the white noise. it helped my DD sleep. sometimes it feel so awful that you think it's never gonna end but it will. my oldest was a really bad baby during the first few months. she was born 6 weeks early. and when i brought her home she cried a lot. no matter how much we cuddled skin to skin, walked with the stroller(you'd see me walking to the park at 3 am. ugh) and even in the carrier. i was only 16 and not much of a children person lol. but i got through it. i did have my dad to help.. and my mom but my dad and my grandma helped me out in so many ways that i could never forget it.

so enlist someone to help you out. sometimes it is hard to ask for some type of help but you will have to in order to feel better. i read this post yesterday and i was hoping that last night went better.

Sue

Things will get better promise.................Just hang in there.
hugs.gif
One thing that you should try is a swing. You can put her in there and the constant rocking motion will definately help.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I don't think I could have made it through without the swing! I dragged the swing all around the house unless they fell asleep in it. Do they still make those jonny jump up things that you hang in the doorway? That's how I'd get chores done in the various rooms of the house.

my youngest loved being in one of those jumperoos. even at a young age. id just put something under her feet so she could touch at the lowest level. and she'd have a good time. not to say i got chores done.. but it kept her quiet haha..
Sue

Back
Top Bottom