How to be a good BYC citizen

Hi Everyone,
Im Peter from NH on the east coast, and got a nice intro from BYC Admin, so I wanted to introduce myself. I raise diffrent breeds of chickens, water fowl, pheasants, swans. Im currently looking for ( Adult ) Silver Duckwing Phoenix, and Adult Golden Duckwing Phoenix Pairs, If anyone has any leads .......please contact me [email protected]
Thanks and I hope spring gets here fast.
Peter

Welcome all new BYC folks
25867_10233_welcome-51.gif
You found the right place. Lots of fun and knowledge to be found. Enjoy!

I am way out west in Arizona.

Quote:
Hey, Rule # 18 was just broken! Good thing this thread's topic is not outdated. We all need to be reminded how to make BYC fun for all of us (by sticking to the rules of BYC and the rules of kindness)!

Hi! My name is Wendy from the Kwazulu-Natal Midlands in South Africa.
My husband and I are very keen to get some ducks for egg laying for our consumption, and if feasible, for selling.
We have never done anything like this before, but have been doing a lot of research, and are very keen to start. (If I'm in the wrong place and this is only about chickens I do apologise)
We are animal lovers and have a menagerie of cats and dogs, some of whom we've rescued.
We have found out quite a bit about ducks, but a couple of things I am having difficulty in finding out are:
1. the cold that we experience in winter (lots of frost and often minus temperatures) and the heat we have in summer (can get as hot as 39'C):
- are there certain breeds of ducks that would have a problem with this?
2. Is it necessary to have a drake or drakes for the ducks to lay?
We plan on starting with about 6 ducks.
Many thanks,
wendy

Back
Top Bottom