How to be a good BYC citizen

Pics
Hi everyone I am from PEI,we are just getting our chicken coop ready. We are making it from an old garden shed. This is a great website...has definately helped me get all the info I need to start a successful "CHICK INN"

Quote:
Hey, Rule # 18 was just broken! Good thing this thread's topic is not outdated. We all need to be reminded how to make BYC fun for all of us (by sticking to the rules of BYC and the rules of kindness)!

little confused, but wouldn't it be better to ask a question on an existing thread rather than start a new thread with a question that has already been asked? Sometimes a little clarification on an existing thread is all a newbie needs
hide.gif

Quote:
Hey, Rule # 18 was just broken! Good thing this thread's topic is not outdated. We all need to be reminded how to make BYC fun for all of us (by sticking to the rules of BYC and the rules of kindness)!

little confused, but wouldn't it be better to ask a question on an existing thread rather than start a new thread with a question that has already been asked? Sometimes a little clarification on an existing thread is all a newbie needs
hide.gif

Bumping is okay sometimes. A situation like the one you just described would probably justify bumping an old thread.
smile.png

Quote:
hide.gif

Bumping is okay sometimes. A situation like the one you just described would probably justify bumping an old thread.
smile.png

PHEW! Thanks
yippiechickie.gif

Hello Planet Chicken, I be a newbie on the forum and the BYC in general, if I goof up, please let me know what and how to fix it.

I am a new Mom of 2 Seabrights, rooster and hen and it seems obvious to me already which is which, but we'll see (who survived the post and the next 3 days huddled tightly under the lamp then developed 'pasty butt' and we survived that too using Qtips & witchhazel with aloe) 2 easter egger banties (I wanted pure araucana but was getting confused with all the hyp) and these are adorable, 1 silver, 1 chocolate. The chocolate was crammed into the corner of the box on arrival and took 4 hours to fully revive with 1/2 hour eye dropper of water/electrolytes/agave nectar/cider vinegar dose. 2 standard Golden Lace Wyandottes, 2 buff brahma banties, a standard rooster and 2 Welsummer hens.

They started in what seemed a large guinea pig cage to protect from cat, now into day 10 they are on the floor of my art studio about 5 times the size, walled in by 2' high cardboard, its summer temps here in AZ so lamp is only on from 10p to 8a. With the larger space there is more room for them to back off from the lamp. They also now have a long low piece of driftwood and some rocks anchoring the cardboard and sheet bedding. Their area is staying much cleaner and no more mucky water either, and its turned into a chicky playground:cd!

Coop is still not built, this is the 3rd time I have gotten the chickens before the coop, you'd think I would learn by now!
D.gif

Quote:
Maybe this thread is old, but I don't think it'll ever be outdated
thumbsup.gif

Great rules that you all have come up with!

And Chicken Lady... I still remember when this applied to me
lau.gif

I wistfully imagined joining the thread called 'Do you get lonely when you have no PMs waiting for you'
old.gif

Hello. We started raising free range chickens in april 2010. My dad is a biology teacher and incubated eggs in his science room. We took 4 baby chicks 9 weeks old. Now, I'm a full fledged chicken lover!!!!!!! We do not kill/eat our chickens. They are strictly for pets/eggs. We currently have 1 roo 1 hen. Unfortunately a fox or something got in last night and took a hen
sad.png
Im glad to join the community! Jenn

Back
Top Bottom