How to boil and easily peel a Quail Egg

Wow! A LOT of methods here...

I've been researching a lot and found a website that had a "how to" method for easy peeling:

Her method was to let the eggs stay in the refrigerator for up to two weeks BEFORE boiling... Then do the normal boil and ice water, then "roll" them on a table top.

The theory was comparing our "fresh" eggs to store bought eggs which sit a lot longer before they reach the store and our shopping cart. The lady on the site swears by it and it seems to make sense.

Any body hear of this?

We have a bowl full of quail eggs "sitting" waiting to be boiled. (We haven't tried this yet, but hopeful!) :)

We too are dieing to make some pickled quail eggs... We get LOTS of them (20+ per day... That's a lot for us since we are raising them on a city lot with rabbits, chickens, aquaponics Tilapia and tons of raised garden beds that need space as well.)

Thanks!

Richard & Tresa

Wow. Now make a smaller version that doesn't take up half a kitchen. LOL. Cool concept though.

Letting your eggs age for a week makes peeling much easier for quail and chicken eggs.
And a pair of quail egg scissors makes frying/poaching quick and easy.

Letting your eggs age for a week makes peeling much easier for quail and chicken eggs.
And a pair of quail egg scissors makes frying/poaching quick and easy.

Yep, we have the quail egg cutters. They're a real time saver. I guess I'm just bad at peeling because no matter what I try, it's still a very time intensive task.

I am reading all the comments and wringing my hands, lol! My first time boiling quail eggs. They are in the boiling water now, timer set for 4 minutes, ice water bath at the ready! We'll see what happens! :fl

Back
Top Bottom