How to bond with your chicken?!

i hand raised my flock.. spend as much time with them as possible.. give them their food and treats.. my flock come to my voice and if i sit on the ground, i have full grown hens sitting on my shoulders and lap.. they walk right in the house and hop on the couch.. cute.. :)

here is Didi snuggling with her papa.. hehe
IMG_9241.JPG

@twilightgecko thats too sweet!!

i agree spending lots of time mostly showing it treats.

I like to take special treats that it likes, maybe a few raisins or soft pieces of fluff bread (the middle) stick in a pocket and pull it out one at a time showing them they can stick around me and feel safe and get yummies

basically the way to a chickens heart is through its crop!! (stomach) lol

ha. true that.. they know mama always has a treat.. usually try to stick to a healthy treat.. if i go outside and just yell "where's my girls at?" they come running.. and i laugh every time i see them running mach 3 towards me.. goofy!

Yes, definitely use treats and get to spend lots of time with your silkie. Pet it a lot unless it flinches away, find out what it likes and keep him/her happy. :) Chickens are very intelligent animals that can identify various caretakers so soon he/she will recognize you are the one who brings him/her food!

Back
Top Bottom