How to care for ducklings! Help!

Exciting will they be KC too? Look forward to seeing them
The ones coming in are 10 golden 300 hybrids (7 mixed, 3 sexed females) and 3 females Welsh Harlequin. I believe golden 300 are made from KC. We are going to sell the 7 mixed and 1 of the sexed female golden 300 hybrids. So we will end up with 7 ducks (3 WH, 2 KC, 2 GH). We are still debating if we will keep a drake, there will most likely be one in the "mixed" group. We probably are going to keep a drake and sell the babies on CL (craigslist) every time we get some babies. I would like a drake but I have to convince my mom it's a good idea, she isn't sure.
I wil post some more pictures when the other come in. I might also make a video of them swimming in the tub.

Last edited:
love.gif

The ones coming in are 10 golden 300 hybrids (7 mixed, 3 sexed females) and 3 females Welsh Harlequin. I believe golden 300 are made from KC. We are going to sell the 7 mixed and 1 of the sexed female golden 300 hybrids. So we will end up with 7 ducks (3 WH, 2 KC, 2 GH). We are still debating if we will keep a drake, there will most likely be one in the "mixed" group. We probably are going to keep a drake and sell the babies on CL (craigslist) every time we get some babies. I would like a drake but I have to convince my mom it's a good idea, she isn't sure.
I wil post some more pictures when the other come in. I might also make a video of them swimming in the tub.
Just remember when you first get your babies make the water just to the top of their legs and gradually make it deeper till they can swim and dive, and always pat dry and right back under the heat lamp. Sounds like your doing a great job in getting your info.
Have you read the guide here on BYC to raising ducklings? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711 the book mentioned is a wonderful resource I'm glad i bought it when i first started keeping ducks

Last edited:
Ok I will definitely try to get the book.
I'm not sure if this one is really a KC or a Indian Runner
She has white feet, white under beak.

Back
Top Bottom