how to deal with control freaks?

jeepgurl

Songster
7 Years
Jun 4, 2012
Unfortunately, I had to participate in an assignment with a control freak today. Long story short, we were put into groups of five and asked to answer five questions on paper and then discuss our answers. I started writing, she started talking. I continued to write my answers and finished in about three minutes. During this time, she is talking about her opinions and how she would handle things and then calls me out and says, "arent you going to participate? Or maybe you dont need a group?" Followed by, "oh im sorry, thats just the way i am". I simply answered that I was going to complete my answers as discussed and then participate. After that, she wouldnt even look at me. I held no ill will but apparently she did. The boss even mentioned it during the meeting. She asked why she had such a sour look on her face and if she was okay. She just answered "sure". I feel like this girl is covering up the fact that she doesnt have much confidence and deflects responsibility by trying to control and direct others responses. After we adjourned, I heard her talking to another person about me in the stairwell. My instinct says avoid the snake. Snakes bite. Its just their nature. Leave them alone. What would you do?

Yep.. leave her alone. There is no need to make friends there.. just do your school work and move on to a better job. :)

good for you but personally i would tell her stop yapping but that's just me because i can't stand people like that who always got something to say

Last edited:
Be the Mongoose.

T065473A.jpg

You will be dealing with people like this, all your life.

Imp- Well maybe don't bite her in the face.

Last edited:
So heres a little update on control freak. She has done a 180. During a break, she asks me if she can get some info from me as I am the only one in the class that has any experience in the subject. Of course I give her the info and stay away from her after that. I am very aware of my tone and body language so as to not be misinterpreted. I notice later, while we are in little groups talking about a subject, she is constantly looking at me. When I talk, I can see her peripherally and she shuts up and is straining to hear what I have to say. I am more than happy to share any previous knowledge that I have obtained but I dont want this girl cozying up to me. I know that after these people get to know each other, there will be off campus study groups and gatherings at their houses. I am going to be the outcast by choice because I work full time and go to school full time. I have a feeling she will try to undermine me during these get togethers. All I can do is offer help and info when asked and do it in a polite manner. I will keep you updated. I may need you people to keep my sanity intact and tell me when I screw up!

Back
Top Bottom