How to Fix Slayed Leg Towards the Front

Renada_

Chirping
Mar 3, 2023
I have a baby chick that has its legs set like he is doing the splits forward ways instead of sideways. He does not open his front foot and it stays curled in. When we work with his foot it seems to hurt him so we stop. We plan on putting him in a splint thing that’ll bring his legs together. We’ll do it tonight when I get the straw for it. Also, he came out of the egg like this, I had to help him hatch and he’d been shrink wrapped in an odd position. I’ll post a picture of the splint we plan to use. I’ll also post a picture of the little guy. He has breathing troubles as well, but if he makes it he will be named Charlie :) I don’t want to name him yet because I fear I’ll get attached to him.

Attachments

• B1B7EAEF-3B01-4902-A910-9C4F575AA6CC.jpeg
    B1B7EAEF-3B01-4902-A910-9C4F575AA6CC.jpeg
    578.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 563F3AD8-8EB5-4DDC-A86A-63C4A7EFD771.jpeg
    563F3AD8-8EB5-4DDC-A86A-63C4A7EFD771.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 15
I have a baby chick that has its legs set like he is doing the splits forward ways instead of sideways. He does not open his front foot and it stays curled in. When we work with his foot it seems to hurt him so we stop. We plan on putting him in a splint thing that’ll bring his legs together. We’ll do it tonight when I get the straw for it. Also, he came out of the egg like this, I had to help him hatch and he’d been shrink wrapped in an odd position. I’ll post a picture of the splint we plan to use. I’ll also post a picture of the little guy. He has breathing troubles as well, but if he makes it he will be named Charlie :) I don’t want to name him yet because I fear I’ll get attached to him.
I always use a band aid for this 🤷‍♀️

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/baby-chick-can’t-use-a-foot.1567889/post-26615296

Back
Top Bottom