How to get a chicken's foot print??? Any ideas?

LadyBclucky

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Cherryland, CA
Hello everybody, we are reconstructing our chicken run and painting our coop this weekend (wish us luck!) I wanted to decorate some of the run with chicken foot prints... does anyone have any idea how I can get these little gals to give me a good print? I also am laying some cement and I want to get their prints in that as well... my only idea is to actually pick up a chicken and press her feet in the cement and hope she doesn't flip out! Any one had any luck doing this? I'll be sure to post pictures. Thanks!

When I wanted Petey's footprint on a letter I sent, I painted the underneith of his foot with red paint then layed his foot flat on the paper.

I didnt consider that chicken feet have a ton of divots and stuff, the print doesn't look anything as good as a real foot print in the mud

my fear of them running through the cement is them not coming back! I can just see my whole plan going down hill when I have to run throught fresh cement to get my chicken back.
lol.png
That would be greaaaaat

Get some puddy or something like that and stick their foot in it. Take it out slowly and you have a mold! Now fill it in with some resin or something. You got yourself a chicken footprint painter?

Just the other day I was wondering how I could get white chicken feet prints on the front of my 3rd coop.
Stencil is my first thought, stamp next and sponge are the quick thoughts I had.
I get uncut plastic stencils at the craft store then cut them to the design I like.
So I thought why not a chicken foot stencil.

*(you could always use a dead chickens feet to make chicken feet stamps in cement, just a thought)

Be sure to clean your chickens feet afterward, [wet] cement is corrosive. My run is all sand. If yours is, tou could smooth an area and let them walk through it, then make a mold. You can buy mold kits at craft stores.

Back
Top Bottom