how to get buff silkies, without owning buff silkies?

sóley

Songster
Feb 4, 2018
so I have been wondering if there's anyway to make buff silkies?
I own 3 roosters, one is white, second is red and the 3 is black with grey in him.

the hens are white, black, black with grey in them. partridge and silver partridge. and some grey ones
is there anyway to make buff silkie with these colors?

I'm a chicken man and not a genetics man.

I would say Maybe, and then go look for Buff Silkie eggs or chicks to buy.

so I have been wondering if there's anyway to make buff silkies?
I own 3 roosters, one is white, second is red and the 3 is black with grey in him.

the hens are white, black, black with grey in them. partridge and silver partridge. and some grey ones
is there anyway to make buff silkie with these colors?
I never got deep into silkie genetics as I never kept my boys, but in general you want to separate your reds from your blues if that makes sense?? I would say your best chance to get buff from what you have would be to breed red roo x white hens.

I never got deep into silkie genetics as I never kept my boys, but in general you want to separate your reds from your blues if that makes sense?? I would say your best chance to get buff from what you have would be to breed red roo x white hens.

Red x White doesn't normally result in buff.

I’m so bad as well. I was always told you need buff to get buff and you should only breed buff to buff. Makes me wonder where the first buff color came from. Not 100%

Back
Top Bottom