How to keep chicks warm on crosscounty road trip- ideas PLEASE!

I'm not really sure about travelling cross country with chicks, but you should be able to run any small electrical device you want in your RV. I train dogs and often want to run a fan for them in my truck. I've also run crock pots when travelling long distances to potluck dinners. <g> I bought an inexpensive inverter -- it plugs into the cigarette lighter, but then it has two regular electrical plugs (plus a USB plug for cell phone) that you can plug small electrical devices into. so you should be able to run a small brooder warmer off of it if you think you might need to. Just be sure to test everything out. Inverters have limits as to the amount of watts/amps they can power, and also some vehicles won't power anything plugged into the cigarette lighter when the vehicle is turned off.

to solve that last problem, I bought about a $50 battery jump starter that also has a cigarette lighter plug in it. I plug my inverter into that, then my dog fans into the inverter. Works great for 8-10 hours. Then I just recharge it as I'm driving the next day.

Sorry if this is confusing. PM me if you want more info.

Back
Top Bottom